Sunday 23 February 2014

Wardrobe: 4






Hi all, it's me, Fran. Ten whole days have elapsed since last week's post, and I find myself confronted with the dual sensation that time has flown by, but also that I have aged a good 15 years in the gap! With my recent life being largely composed of sitting at my desk, frantically trying to package a jumble of thoughts and vague impressions into a breathtakingly wonderful (ha) dissertation, this week's shoot came as a (literal) breath of fresh air.





Those who have been (un)lucky enough to have chatted to me recently will most likely have heard me ramble on about my nascent obsession with Eclectic Eccentricity. Having visited their website several dozen times, I just about managed to escape buying EVERYTHING but found it too hard to resist this little cameo beauty.




Couple that with this gorgeous vintage cameo ring from Forage and Find and I was all set. Cameooh-la-la. (Go on. Give me at least a small chuckle. I spent the best part of three days coming up with that hilarious lexical nugget.)


"This feels like... a tree..."



"...yup, yup, definitely a tree."

For this week's shoot we headed to King's College Fellows' Garden, where I quite quickly realised that high heels and damp grass make me walk like a duck. Who needs the loo. Thank goodness I chose somewhere surrounded by university accommodation. What would be the point in walking like a total eejit if none of my peers were around to see it....?




My lovely photographer Naima has decided that her new "thing" is shooting pictures through foliage. We like to think it's very arty and edgy and raw. And if you disagree it's probably just because you don't understand our vision. Philistine. (Laugh all you want, this is ACTUALLY how some people speak in Cambridge...)





To go with my cameo loveliness I kept things simple, aiming for a pastel palette which would allow me to do lots of hilarious, "totally natural" poses next to flowers, like this inexplicable gem above. Just goes to show, if you're overworked, the way to feel better is to find some flowers and smile at them.





Anyway, that's all for now chaps and chapettes, enjoy the dying embers of the weekend and - if anybody wants me - I'll be outdoors smiling at the flowers.



Top - Warehouse
Skirt - ASOS
Shoes - Marks & Spencer
Necklace - Eclectic Eccentricity
Ring - Forage & Find

No comments:

Post a Comment